Tossed Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
This simple salad has a light, fresh, flavor. Friends who eat this salad for the first time in my home ask for the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, basil and
- onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 48 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.