Tossed Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Give your salad a boost with a
refreshing and tangy dressing.
This is a recipe that will make guests say, “Wow!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady
- stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Place the romaine, tomato, cucumber and carrot in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup salad with about 2-1/2 tablespoons dressing equals 242 calories, 20 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 207 mg sodium,