Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Tomatoes, carrots, green beans, potatoes, corn and celery are the perfect complements to convenient frozen tortellini in this heartwarming soup. Add a crusty loaf of bread and a green salad, and dinner is ready in no time.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 cup each frozen corn, sliced carrots and cut green beans
- 1 cup diced uncooked potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen beef or cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the onion and celery in oil.
- Add the broth, corn, carrots, beans, potatoes, basil, thyme and
- chives; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15
- minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tortellini. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes
- or until tortellini is heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium,