"This soup is fast, flavorful and good for you," reports Chris Snyder of Boulder, Colorado. Packaged cheese tortellini meets colorful summer squash, fresh spinach and shredded carrots in every eye-appealing bowl.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots and squash. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for
- 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.