I like this recipe because you can make it ahead of time. It's the perfect size for your lunch. You can vary the dressing to suit your taste.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup julienned pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a bowl, combine tortellini with all of the remaining
- ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least
- 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1.5 cup) equals 331 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.