Here’s a great meatless recipe with real Mediterranean flair that’s hearty enough to qualify as an entrée. Laced with a tart vinaigrette dressing and bursting with strips of sweet pepper, onion and zucchini, it’s also colorful enough to serve as a pretty side dish. Thanks to subscriber Stacey Mofle in Universal City, Texas for this tasty dish!
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups julienned yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion, halved
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms in
- oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning and
- pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add
- the squash mixture, red pepper and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette;
- toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium,