Looking for a unique appetizer idea? Try Stephanie Krienitz's creative combination. The Plainfield, Illinois cook pairs cheese tortellini with a cool, creamy Parmesan sauce for dipping.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a blender, cover and process milk and milk powder until blended.
- Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, rosemary, salt
- and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate
- for 30 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Serve with
- Parmesan sauce for dipping. Yield: 20 appetizer servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (4 tortellini with 2 tablespoons of sauce) equals 49 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 meat.