Creamy Tortellini Carbonara sent in by Cathy Croyle calls for only five ingredients and comes together in mere moments.
The Davidsville, Pennsylvania cook simmers a rich bacon and Parmesan cheese sauce in one pan while boiling packaged tortellini to perfection in another. Then she combines the two to create a memorable main dish.
"Add more cheese or additional parsley to the sauce to fit y
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, combine the bacon, cream, parsley and cheese; cook
- over medium heat until heated through.
- Drain tortellini; toss with cream sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 523 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.