Refrigerated tortellini, ham, mushrooms and peas are treated to a mild homemade Alfredo sauce in this fast fix Chris Snyder shares. "When we're having company, I prepare this dinner shortly before guests arrive, put it in a casserole dish and keep it warm in the oven," notes the Boulder, Colorado reader.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the peas,
- mushrooms and ham; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in cream
- and pepper; heat through. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until
- Drain tortellini and place in a serving dish; add the sauce and toss
- to coat. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 579 calories, 45 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.