Leftover mashed potatoes don't have to be plain and boring. Simply stir in sour cream and onions and top with cheese for a creative new way to serve taters.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the potatoes, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 tablespoon green
- onions and the garlic salt; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover,
- spread with the remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with the cheese and
- remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.