Pamper yourself some sunny morning with this scrumptious, single-serving egg dish…you’re worth it! “I’ve gotten many compliments on this recipe; basil gives it fresh flavor.” Vickey Abate - Green Island, NY
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- onion over medium heat until tender. Add the tomato, basil, salt and
- pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Add egg mixture to the pan;
- cook and stir until egg is completely set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 136 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 222 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.