Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops
Get out the slow cooker: You’re only seven ingredients away from a saucy, delicious meal. —Krystie Chasse, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4-
- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute onion and
- carrot in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinaigrette
- and oregano; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.