Tomato Shrimp Appetizer
I was given this delicious and festive recipe back when my husband was serving in the U.S. Coast Guard. It's been a huge hit at every party I've ever taken it to.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring soup to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- frequently. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove
- from the heat. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water;
- let stand for 1 minute. Stir into soup mixture until dissolved. Cool
- to room temperature.
- Stir in the shrimp, mayonnaise, celery and onions. Refrigerate until
- slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold
- coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Unmold
- onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 97 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.