Tomato-Pesto Cheddar Melts
Give ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches a boost with this tasty recipe. Prepared pesto and sliced tomato add an inteesting and delicious twist.Lil Morris, Emerald Park, Saskatchewan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread pesto over one side of each slice of bread. Top with tomato
- and cheese; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over
- medium-low heat, melt butter; add sandwiches. Cover and cook until
- bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.