Tomato-Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta
"With fresh mushrooms, plum tomatoes and herbs to spice up its flavor, this dish tastes like summertime to me," says Jacqueline Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. Chock-full of garden goodness, the chunky sauce cooks up quickly, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pound plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions
- and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add
- tomatoes; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until
- tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the basil, parsley, salt and
- pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain pasta; top with tomato
- mixture and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup pasta with 3/4 cup sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese) equals 358 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium,