Tomato Mozzarella Salad
"As soon as our cherry tomatoes start ripening, I pull out this recipe in order to make the most of our crop," details Lynn Merendino of Marysville, Pennsylvania. "This is so easy to fix that I prepare it for all our family get-togethers."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk
- in oil until well blended. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove
- with a slotted spoon to a serving dish. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 308 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.