Tomato Leek Soup
This recipe was given to me years ago from a friend in Australia. We're a family that loves soup, and this recipe is one of our favorites.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 leeks, finely sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring leeks and broth to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in basil,
- lemon-pepper and salt. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 72 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.