Tomato Corn Salad
Warm and colorful, this tantalizing side dish bursts with refreshing vegetable flavor. Fresh herbs and Dijon mustard add the pizzazz.
Carrie Componile, Roselle Park, New Jersey
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large
- skillet, saute corn in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 140 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.