Tomato Chili Dip
"This fresh-tasting dip is excellent for summer barbecues and picnics," relates Rachael Santarsiero of Orange City, Iowa.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 large tomatoes
- 8 green onions
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 6 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- Tortilla chips
- Chop tomatoes and onions into 1/4-in. pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the next five ingredients. Add jalapeno if desired. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (calculated without chips) equals 25 calories, 65 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 1 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.