Tomato Cabbage Stir-Fry
"I've been serving this dill-seasoned side dish for more than 30 years," shares Agarita Vaughan of Fairbury, Illinois. "I fix it frequently in the summer using vegetables from our garden."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the cabbage, tomatoes, celery, onion and
- green pepper in margarine until vegetables are tender, about 20
- minutes. Season with salt and dill. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.