Tomato-Basil Pita Pizzas
This is one of my favorite warm-weather recipes. It's so easy and so tasty! You can use it as a snack, appetizer or entrée and double it to suit your needs. Barbra Annino-Galena, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Layer with tomatoes,
- basil and cheese; drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 12-14
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pizza equals 269 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.