Tomato Artichoke Chicken
Preparing the pizza sauce early in the week sure saves time later when it's used in this fast dinner. Tender chicken, roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts put a flavorful spin on the red sauce that's served over pasta.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup marinade. In a large
- skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the pizza sauce, artichokes, red
- peppers and reserved artichoke marinade.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with fettuccine.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 982 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.