To create a light main course, I borrowed bits from different recipes, including my mom's lasagna. No one suspects that the creamy filling is made with tofu. It's easy to prepare, and my toddlers love it. —Carolyn Diana of Scottsdale, Arizona
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, zucchini, carrot and Italian
- seasoning; spread 3/4 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray.
- Combine the tofu and cheeses; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Place over spaghetti sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until noodles are
- tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 stuffed manicotti shells equals 319 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.