Toffee Pecan Bars
Curl up with a hot cup of coffee and one of these treats from Gibsonia, Pennsylvania's Dianna Croskey. The golden topping and flaky crust give way to the heartwarming taste of old-fashioned pecan pie.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the
- mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and
- vanilla. Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spoon over crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Chill
- until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.