With its chocolate toffee flavor, this soothing java drink from our home economists makes mornings pleasantly perk along. Treat yourself to a cup in the afternoon as a special pick-me-up.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 5 cups hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir toffee bits
- into coffee; let stand for 30 seconds. Strain and discard any
- undissolved toffee bits. Pour coffee into mugs; top with whipped
- cream and drizzle with butterscotch topping. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 242 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.