Toffee Coffee Cake
Candy bar fan Edie Despain of Logan, Utah suggests topping this delightfully moist snack with a dollop of your favorite ice cream.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate English toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter, sugars and flour; set aside 1/2 cup.
- To the remaining butter mixture, add buttermilk, egg, baking soda
- and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Combine chopped candy and pecans with the reserved
- butter mixture; sprinkle over coffee cake. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 247 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.