These shortbread bars have the taste of toffee without the hassle of making candy. They're attractive addition to a cookie tray.
Ruth Burrus, Zionsville, Indiana
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating
- until smooth.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 17-19 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately
- place chocolate bars on top; return to the oven for 1 minute. Spread
- melted chocolate over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: about 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.