- Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. In a
- large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup
- confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons espresso
- liquid; beat until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup for filling;
- refrigerate remaining mixture for frosting.
- In another large bowl, combine the cheese, salt, and remaining
- confectioners' sugar, vanilla and espresso liquid; beat on medium
- speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Fold in reserved whipped cream
- Place one brownie layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- filling. Repeat layers. Top with third brownie layer; frost top and
- sides of torte with chilled whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle toffee
- bits over top and sides of torte. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 16 servings.
To Make Ahead: Brownie layers can be made a day in advance. Store each layer in a resealable plastic bag at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 1,101 calories, 85 g fat (48 g saturated fat), 303 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.