"When New Yorkers taste my Reuben, they say it's like those served by delis in 'The Big Apple'," notes Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish and
- horseradish; set aside. Spread mustard on one side of four slices of
- bread, then layer with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and
- mayonnaise mixture; top with remaining bread.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sandwiches;
- cover and toast on both sides until bread is lightly browned and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 705 calories, 45 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 2,830 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 34 g protein.