Toasted PB & Banana Sandwiches
A sandwich worthy of Elvis himself, this grilled, finger-licking treat may surprise you, too, with its flavor. “I saw the recipe and thought 'no way'…but it's delicious!” says Marian Pickett from Argyle, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Cut each banana in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into
- four pieces. Spread peanut butter on bread. Place banana slices on
- four slices of bread; drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread.
- Spritz outsides of sandwiches with butter-flavored spray. In a large
- nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden
- brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 358 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.