Toasted Coconut Ice Cream Balls
For a very simple dessert treat, this recipe is sure to delight all. The coconut adds so much flavor and makes this so special.Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Pirouette cookies
- Add an elegant touch to the most basic after dinner
- treatvanilla ice cream! Simply place 1 cup of shredded,
- sweetened coconut on a baking sheet. Bake coconut at 350° for
- 2-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the coconut is dry and
- mostly toasted light brown with some white shreds.
- To serve, place a single scoop of vanilla ice cream in an individual
- serving glass. Lightly sprinkle ice cream with some of the toasted
- coconut, then garnish with Pirouette cookies. Store leftover coconut
- in refrigerator for future use. Yield: 1 serving.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.