Toasted Cheese Cubes
These little cubes come courtesy of Roger Slivon of Genesee Depot, Wisconsin. They're fun, crisp and cheesy - a great compliment to countless entrees.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons Brie cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 kaiser roll, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and butter until smooth. Spread onto
- bread cubes and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.