Tipsy Roasted Peaches
Roasting frozen peaches in a simple brandy sauce turns them into a decadent topping for toasted pound cake. Whipped cream and crunchy almonds are fast finishing touches. —Susan Martin, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 4 slices pound cake, toasted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the brandy, honey and butter; heat
- through. Keep warm.
- Combine peaches and 3 tablespoons brandy mixture; transfer to a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- To assemble, place toasted pound cake on four dessert plates. Top
- with peaches and remaining brandy mixture. Garnish with whipped
- cream and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 479 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.