Tiny Banana Cream Pies
These petite pies take very little time to prepare and it’s an impressive, delicious dessert. Since my husband’s work hours are erratic, we don’t eat at the same time every day, so I often have these chilling in the refrigerator several hours in advance of mealtime.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 4 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Arrange
- banana slices over tart shell bottoms; top with pudding.
- Cover with whipped topping; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Garnish with additional banana slices if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pie (calculated without additional banana slices) equals 258 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.