Thumbprint Butter Cookies
Filled with a variety of fruity jams, these delightful thumbprints would be a colorful choice for a cookie exchange!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted jams and/or preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Combine the flour,
- cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the
- center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon
- jam and/or preserves; cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.