"I sampled a wonderful gourmet bread during an out-of-town trip," says Melissa Vannoy of Childress, Texas. "When I got home, I tried to re-create it in my bread machine and came up with this hearty whole wheat bread chock-full of sunflower kernels, and poppy and sesame seeds."
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.