Three-Pepper Bean Dip
“My husband’s great-grandmother and I spent time together creating this recipe after trying a similar version from his aunt. So it not only tastes delicious, it also has a lot of sentimental value.”—Amber Massey, Coppell, Texas
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until
- bubbly. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips or vegetables) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.