Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma says this snack rates as the No. 1 nighttime treat in her family. The herbs and nuts put a different twist on plain popcorn!
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 quarts (24 cups) popped popcorn (about 1 cup kernels)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts, optional
- Place popcorn in a large container or oven roasting pan. Salt to
- taste and set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from
- heat; stir in basil, chervil and thyme. Drizzle butter mixture over
- popcorn and toss lightly to coat evenly. Stir in the nuts if
- desired. Yield: about 20 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 106 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.