Four ingredients and ice cubes come together to create this flavorful fruity treat from Sarah Hulslander of Arlington, Texas. It would be nice for an afternoon pick-me-up, but, Sarah adds, “It can also be an instant breakfast on busy mornings. This drink goes really well with muffins.”
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each) fat-free reduced-sugar cherry-vanilla yogurt
- 1 small banana, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 15 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, banana, blueberries and honey;
- cover and process until smooth. While processing, add a few ice
- cubes at a time until mixture achieves desired thickness. Pour into
- chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.