Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza
We love the bold flavor of this pizza that's a bit different from the traditional. The pesto, cheese and olive topping makes a delicious statement. Serve it as a main dish...or as a fun appetizer cut in smaller pieces. -- Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pesto. Top
- with onion mixture, olives, cheeses and tomatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 751 calories, 42 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,676 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.