Three-Bean Garden Salad
This comes from a recipe I originally found in a bean cookbook. It took quite a few failures to come up with this winning combination. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook lima beans according to package directions. Rinse in cold water;
- drain and place in a medium bowl. Add kidney and green beans,
- mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour
- over salad; mix gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 5
- hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.