Thick Chocolate Pudding
"This smooth, chocolaty pudding tastes old-fashioned but stirs up in a jiffy," promises Myra Innes from Auburn, Kansas. "It's much faster than cooking it on the stovetop and so easy that even older kids can make it."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Stir in milk until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2
- minutes; stir. Microwave 3-5 minutes longer or until thickened,
- stirring after each minute. Stir in vanilla. Pour into individual
- serving dishes; cool. Refrigerate. Garnish with whipped topping if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.