Thick 'n' Zesty Ribs
I got this recipe 30 years ago from a co-worker and have made it many times. Everyone in our family loves it.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rub with garlic
- salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain. Combine
- the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over ribs. Bake,
- uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until ribs are tender, basting
- several times. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 890 calories, 62 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,975 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 52 g protein.