That's Amore Lettuce Wedge
This isn’t your ordinary dinner salad—the lettuce wedges truly come to life when you drizzle on the romesco sauce. Freshly minced garlic and cayenne pepper shoot bursts of flavor through the dressing, and walnuts add a pleasing crunch.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a bowl,
- combine the garlic, mayonnaise, tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar,
- salt, cayenne and pepper. Cut lettuce into eight wedges; drizzle
- with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate
- leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 419 calories, 43 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.