Thanksgiving Cabbage Salad
Here’s a terrific coleslaw to include with all the fixings for your holiday meal. Just dice up apples and cabbage, whisk the sauce, and don’t forget the pretty red cranberries.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. In another bowl,
- combine the cream, sugar, cumin seeds, salt and pepper; gradually
- whisk in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, cranberries
- and apples. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.