This bread combines two Thanksgiving standbyscranberries and pumpkin. Serve it on the big day or make it with leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Add
- dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing
- to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.