Thai Turkey Salad Pitas
“Here’s a quick and easy way to use up leftover turkey. My son likes to try foods from different nationalities, and he really enjoys these pitas.” —Renee Dent, Conrad, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, oil, chili sauce and
- garlic powder; pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Fill each
- pita half with 1/2 cup turkey mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 418 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.