Thai Shrimp Appetizers
Our tasters simply loved the spicy heat, garlic flavor and splash of lime in these yummy, no-cook appetizers that can come together at the last minute. —Edrie O’Brien, Denver
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30
- minutes. Drain and discard marinade; arrange shrimp on a serving
- plate. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.