Thai Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
Instead of having takeout at lunch, why not whip up this delicious meal? Thanks to the convenient frozen veggies, you can enjoy classic Thai flavors in minutes. Sally Bailey - Wooster, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or
- until no longer pink. Stir in vegetable blend; cook, uncovered, for
- 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, combine the apple juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown
- sugar, garlic powder, ginger and cayenne. Stir into chicken mixture;
- serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 382 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,100 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.