Thai Chicken Fettuccine
Salsa and peanut butter make a taste-tempting pair in this unique chicken recipe from Michelle Van Loon of Gurnee, Illinois. "Its innovative flavor combination, fresh taste and ease of preparation will bowl you over," says Michelle.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five
- ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes
- or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper; cook and stir
- until crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with
- cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 476 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium,